A study done by health experts showed that sweet potato came up top as one of the most nutritious vegetables boasting high levels of beta-carotene, vitamin A, vitamin B6 and vitamin C; fibre, thiamine, niacin, potassium and copper. They are also a good source of protein, calcium, vitamin E !
Our chicken with stuffed sweet potato with our smoke and spice seasoning is not only macro friendly but has bags and bags of flavour.
You’ll Need :
- 1 Large Sweet Potato
- 1 Chicken Breast
- Half Red Onion
- 1 Bell Pepper
- The Gym Chef Winter Spice, Smoke & Spice, Himalayan Pink Salt
- Mixed leaf salad
What to do..
- Pre cook a sweet potato in the microwave (for convenience) or boil.
- Once the sweet potato is cooked allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Slice in half and carefully scoop out the inside into a bowl.
- Add diced red onions, diced peppers, a pinch of Pink Himalayan salt, pepper and a pinch of Winter Spice into the bowl.
- Mash everything together with a fork. Take the mixture and scoop back in to the sweet potato skins.
- Roast in the oven until the skin is crispy and the top is golden brown.
- Place one chicken breast in a bowl ready for marinating process.
- Sprinkle 1tbsp of The Gym Chef Smoke & Spice seasoning over the chicken.
- Mix well. Ensure the chicken is covered modestly in the seasoning.
- Cook in the oven at Gas mark 6 for 15mins until chicken is ready.
- Add a portion of the mixed leaf salad.